Answered prayers! Or what?

I still remember the time I prayed for what I now have! Guchi, Tobe, Chuka, Skillz, Wolfy, Raskali, Emezie, Mohammed and all the handsome men in my life would pray never to have anyone like me ever again!

But I was not the only one with prayers. Big bro needed an AC badly for his room and he always prayed for it on Sundays during prayer of the faithful when the priest said "You may now add your private intentions".

His prayer got answered. To top his blessings, he got it at a price cheaper than normal. Hmmmm! It was a giant AC meant for huge halls and event centers! His room was too small for it but one can't joke with answered prayers. He got it installed and we prayed that NEPA would give us light. 

We waited and waited for weeks but NEPA didn't budge and the damned AC just stood there occupying the little space we had left in the room. What annoyed me most was that it cast a huge shadow over my standing mirror making my little diva moments when I wanted to go out so unbearable. But it was an answer to big brother's prayers!

And on that fateful night; UP NEPA!!!! We launched our AC and went to bed earlier than usual. It got a bit cold like an hour later so I got up for my favorite wrapper; the one I got from mum who in turn inherited from grandma (God bless her soul). I also looked around for the remote control to my brother's giant answered prayer and didn't see it? Then I thought, DID I EVER? Ermmmm.....?!

"Obi! Obi!", I called to wake him up. He didn't budge and I wasn't surprised. He usually "dies" every night. I was so sleepy and couldn't afford to stand anymore. I let the unfound remote be and lay back in bed.

I woke up slowly feeling like someone had placed a load of blocks on my chest. I just could not move. What sort of witchcraft was this? I was alive but kinda dead. I could move in my mind but not physically. I blinked (thank God! At least my eyelids could move), just as my brother's eyes blinked open too. We stared at each other like long lost lovers (without the urge to jump each other's bones, of course). It then dawned on me that this was the effect of big brother's giant answered prayers. I pulled the wrapper higher to cover my whole body leaving only my eyes but the thin wrapper was no match to the cold.

We both lay there hoping the AC would miraculously spoil. Obi tried to say something but no word came out of his mouth. He rolled his eyes to the left which I interpreted as "Babe, let's share your wrapper". I would have vehemently refused but the cold didn't let me. I resorted to slightly shaking my head. He pleaded with his eyes, yet I refused. He rolled his eye balls this time to the right and I wondered what that meant! 

Our bodies shook like leaves during harmattan. Just when I thought I would give up the ghost, NEPA "took their light"! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

When the cold in the room had cleared a bit...

..."Babe, let this be the first and last time I send you on an errand and you refuse to go! We could have died of cold," big brother said with the most serious look.

"Ah ah!" I replied. "When did you send me on an errand?"

"This morning!" he answered. (Huh? When did he talk?) "I told you with my eyes to go turn off the winter in our room. Can't you read signs? Must I talk?"

Well, I did read. I only read wrong. I too had my grievances.

"Obi, where's the remote control for this AC?" I asked

"It doesn't have!" He replied.

"Na okirika AC you buy?" I asked annoyingly. He was too upset to answer me. 

Till the day it was sold, big brother's answered prayer was never put on and of course, his prayer point changed!


Happy new month y'all!





Comments

  1. 😂 @dies every night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aguocha chioma1 July 2015 at 13:42

    My best part was " na okirika AC u buy".dat had me rolling on d floor.well done dear..me likey..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece bn laffing like tozo sinceee

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I told you with my eyes" lol. This babe ehn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chinwe,i have no words!mk I laff finish!oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still rolling on the floor laughing.... U should put together a novel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a good laugh, thanks for referring me Hawt Mrs. Now go to the one I sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lovr love you Pinky. Hilarious one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants