He creates, I don't


They thought there was a need for a foundation.
For people with my type of pigmentation
Some people don’t like it mentioned
Cos they don’t think I should be protected
But why shouldn’t I be protected?


I listen to experiences and all I want to do is pee
Native doctors and ritualists would not let me be
Cos they 'know' that I can yield so much money
Even patients with HIV
Now hustle for me
Cos they think there’s a cure in my vee


Walking on the road has suddenly become a nightmare
As almost everyone stands to stare
Like my head is exceptionally big and sphere
Some children run away from me and say I am a scare
While others gather around to mock me with a cheer


A room mate once said with me she couldn’t stay
She felt I cause her so much dismay
Even without moving in, she moved out
And with her yam and beans eating mouth
She said the color of my skin
Is anything but clean
And that my teeth needs extra maclean


The case of boyfriend is the most pathetic
As fellow girls look at me and get sympathetic
Even some girls that look like maggot
Once walked up to me with so much guts
To ask about my drop-dead-gorgeous boyfriend
And what I used to make him bend
Their questioning never ends
As many others follow their trend


Most times all I do is cry
Then scream, cry some more and sigh
But one day I know I’ll soar high
And watch everyone stand up for the champion
Allowing me live my life is not much of a task
This is all I ask
To my maltreatment please say NO!!!
Cos I didn’t ask my ceator to create me so
I AM AN ALBINO!!!!!

Comments

  1. Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!Write-up...Love you, My Obobo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truthful and very touching.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. P you're very right. The first time I heard you were my bedmate in UNEC, it was all I could do to sleep in that bed that night. I slept as straight as a Cain. Its funny that when I look back now, I thank God everyday for the priviledge of having met you. I enjoyed the thrills of pleasure I had whenever we had to go to market or anywhere else with you. We were always called white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still remember d day I took a sneak peak into ur journal (I was small dat time ooh..lol) and found this..I must have read it a million times cos twas jus so touching and nice....n I kept looking @ ur brain (yes, actually! Lol).. and wondering why I can't jus hav an ounce (abi what's d measuring unit?..) of ur creativity! Go, girl! Keep making me proud! #grinningXandily

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty one at that!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *APPLAUDING* luvly.......no whinning

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way I feel now, I'm sure I'll punch anyone dat mocks ur kind near me henceforth, swear down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants