1000 WAYS TO FIND LOVE....IN A GYM 



"Sixteen...seventeen...eighteen...."

I squatted at each count by the instructor. My thighs hurt from the many months of being away from the the gym.

"...twenty two...twenty three..", his loud voice cut into my thoughts. I stopped to rest my legs.  His voice got louder and he prompted me with his eyes not to stop. If only he knew how my thighs hurt. I'd love to have big butt and tight legs but the cost seemed too much for me.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I reached for it. I saw my instructor frown at me and I frowned back at him. Free me jhor. It was my friend, Dike, calling and needed directions to where I was. 

"Ermmm...do you know Camp ground", I asked

"Yes!", he replied 

"Ok. From camp ground, drive pass either four or five streets on the left. I'm not really sure of the number of streets but look out for a cream house. You can't miss it".

I ended the call and went back to my routine. I had only three sets of twenty sit ups to complete my floor routine before cooling down with 30 minutes on the thread mill. I completed the sit ups with no fuss (sit ups happen to be my best work out. Not by choice though. The massive flabby tummy demanded it)

I felt my phone vibrate and it was my friend again. 

"Hey! Are you here?", I asked

"Babe, there are so many cream houses here. What number is it?", he asked

"It's 16 but I doubt you will be able to find this place by house number. There's a white range rover parked in front of this place. You can't miss it", I said. 

"Ok. This your direction sha. I'll look out for the white range"

In my nine months of using the gym, the car is always parked there. It never moves. I looked around for a free thread mill and there was none. I had a favorite opposite a mirror. Nothing beats working out and checking myself out in the large mirror but the cutest guy in the gym was using it. I often wondered why he used the gym. He looked good enough. It always felt he was always at the gym to mock the fat ones like me with his six packs. Mtchew.

My phone rang again and it was Dike

"Are you outside now?"

"I have no idea where I am. I've driven around the whole neighborhood and there's no range rover parked anywhere talk more of a white one", he said irritably.

"The white range rover is there unless you went to the wrong place. Look for it or ask anyone around for the gym. It's not a popular one but you might be lucky," I answered him irritably too. I heard my voice go slightly higher and some people turned to look at me. I ended the call before he could say anything else. 

I matched towards my thread mill to ask the fine boy when he plans to finish. He came to a halt just as I got to him and I heaved a sigh of relief. I took over from him and set it for 30 minutes. I plugged my ears and put MAD OVER YOU on repeat.

I was almost done when I realized Dike hasn't called. I hope no one kidnapped him. I quickly came off the thread mill and called him. 

"Dike, where you dey now?"

"I'm on my way home. We'll see some other time", he replied 

I lost it!

"What do you mean by you are on your way home? I gave you the right direction. How hard is it to drive through camp ground gate and look for a cream house after the fourth or fifth street with a white Range Rover parked in front of it. How hard is that? You just..." I went on and on. The gym fine boy tapped my shoulder and said

"I took the car to the car wash!"

What? Wide eyed, I ran to the balcony, looked downstairs where the car usually parked and it wasn't there. What? I turned around to find 'fine boy' smiling at me.

"Why didn't you tell me", I screamed at him drawing so much attention to us.

"Well, you didn't ask me", he replied 

"So did I ask you when you came to tell me about the car being at the car wash?", I asked too. I quickly packed up my things and in my anger, I forgot to request for an Uber before hurrying downstairs. 

I stood under the sun and tried requesting for one but there were no rides. Gosh! What do I do now. I paced up and down confused. 

A white range rover pulled over in front of me and the gym fine boy was the one driving.

"What?", I barked. 

"I could take you to where you are going,"he said 

I got in to the car without a word and I heard him say SPOILT CHILD under his breath. 

We shared our first kiss last week and it's the best I ever had. 




Comments

  1. Goodbye to Dike abi? Lols

    Nice write-up Pinky. Welcome back lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one pinky is it fiction or not? Rilly good write up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool write up. Gym fine boy is my class mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Please tell him to show up soon. Don't know what he's waiting for becomes he upgrades from fantasy to reality

      Delete
  6. Hmmm nwatakilia, so na kiss una dey plan all along? Hian. I wish poor Dike luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohhhhhhhh! Juicy ending. Hope he's done more naughty things since then

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bia pinks
    You haven't told us the truth
    How did you go from spoilt brat to kissing partner?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Na so Dike loss dey go ����.. nice one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants