I VOW


I VOW
(a note to my wife on her wedding day) 

*I never believed that you exist
And even in the rare, slightest possibility that you did
You would definitely not want me*
I will always remember the day we met
With you blushing through you smooth fair skin
And your sweet beautiful smile got me stuttering on words like ‘is’ and ‘hi’
We took baby steps
And day by day, we grew
You are my woman
You are life as I see it, ife mi
The favourite picture of my reality
My rythm, raggae & blues
I cannot promise you the sun, the moon and the galaxy
*That would be a beautifully wrapped empty promise
Tied with bows of colors of wishful thinking*
But to love you, I vow
To be there when you sulk, I vow
For better; for worse I’ll stay, I vow
Through thick and thin we will remain, I vow
**For your sake and mine
And the dreams growing
In the womb of our hearts
May we find favour with Olorun
And with the creator by whose
Gracious providence
We tangled**
I will love you always
                                               
                                 Husband

Culled from
*Passion for Christ Movement  with Estela Grasham and Martial Attitso*
**Emezieasogwapictures**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants