Rest in peace friend dear

Seven months
216 days
Vividly, I remember
Day to day happenings
Like it were yesterday
Beautiful at first
Then the future crawled in

My story I tell
This way I know how
For flashing moments I wonder
What happened to you?

You are an Anglican
No, a Catholic
Then a Muslim
Two weeks later, a Rasta
Take a stand, boy
I will stand with you

Go away
Just say it
Mountains of mole hills
Please don't make
Just say it
Don't leave it all to me
Just say it
I don't love you no more
Just say it, boy
It would hurt
Just say it anyway

On a day so dear
The day of my birth
You sliced with your tongue
All that I represent
I listened without a word
Say happy birthday
That little one in me yearned
You never did

Was it your plan?
Out of my shell you pulled
Like a lion you preyed
Your promises
Were they all lies?
In them I did believe

I look back now with a smile
What was I thinking?
I heard, didn't heed
You dropped me on thorns
And watched as I bled
In pain no one can fantom
Rest in peace friend dear
Till we all die

Comments

  1. Rest in peace my dear friend's friend.
    Nice one 2 u from ur dear friend's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One love babe, one love P. You said it all, one day we all die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...Pinky...Hmmmm Pinky...dats all i can say

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants