In Thanksgiving

This isn't one of humourous stories about jumping in and out of buses, childhood and work life. This is where I tell my Creator that I'm in awe of His love and blessings. On the first of January 2013, while others were excited about the new year, I was more scared about how work life would be. There was no mum or siblings to run to if things get crazy. This was just me and I was scared to my bloody intestines. My wardrobe was beyond empty and my bank account more empty and to my worries, Rejoice, a good friend and sister laughed. "Girl, keep the old ones clean and ironed. More will come". I did part of what she asked cos I really do hate ironing! She wasn't lying after all.

Family is all I've got. They make me laugh, cry, upset! They laugh at me, make me angry...love me. I've got lovely memories with you which can never be wiped off even in death. Sometimes, I sit alone and laugh at moments we've shared and people wonder if ive gone crazy. Through the hell stress of a day that wind into days, weeks and months, you, my family dear, see me.

Mazi, Emeka, Prof, Edu, Chinyere, Ngozi, Chika, Tochi, Uncle Father, Aunty Oby, Uncle Stone,  Aunty Bene,  Ogbonna, Okwy, Kaychee, General,  Kachi, Sexy Iwu, Ugonna, Kasie, Simama, Ben jnr, Lioma....I could never have passed through 2013 without you all. Our wives, husbands and kids that came with the union, my siblings could not have chosen better.

Dinma! Once a friend, now a friend, wife, sister, my personal stylist and make up artist. And you, Uzoma dear, ours is that of a life time! 2013 was a lovely year with you too. Who needs to shop in a boutique when I've got your ward robes and rooms? Don't think 2014 would make it better cos I just upped my tapping skills.

My little bundles of joy! Please know that aunt loves you with every kiss and smack. All those moments you wake up with screams in the middle of the night and I wish I could give you sleeping pills to knock you out for a day or two means absolutely nothing. Aunt was just tired. Please ask daddy to get you your own TV and decoder cos when next I visit, I will not watch any more of those freaking cartoon with you. Lol! Aunt loves you two like crazy. Maybe someday soon, I'll add more to your lot.

Hmmmmm! My bestie, my lil daddy and his happy place! We ve come a long way, haven't we? Lil daddy that has refused to let go no matter how angry and petite i get. Your advice, chidding, care, kindness and generousity can never be doubted. But do remember that I've gone beyond the 42kg girl you could easily lift up or carry on your laps. She has long added 60kg to the 42. 

You, my bestie, is one of a kind. You've been the most reliable. You would heed whenever I call or cry. Through all my excesses you would match like its nothing. I do owe alot to you. Ignore me when I act like I don't care. I do care more than you can ever imagine. We laugh at silent jokes, gist silently.... We ve also had our fair share of awkward moments. Love you to bits!



206! Just a three bedroom flat filled with people from different tribes n tongues, background n experience, religion n belief! Without you, this blog will never be. I still remember your mandate on the 206 BB group that I should get myself to a bigger crowd and stop filling the group with my silly stories! Chuka pushed it, Wande made it come through. You shared my silly stories, told your friends about me and made me feel good. Eventhogh we are all busy with school, work n family, we always make out time to bond. Lets do it again, dudes!




Who would have thought that last year, a time like this, that I would meet awesome people like you. My Fincon girls! Banke, you aint forgotten! Sexy! Intelligent! Beautiful! Kind.....ukwu! Sometimes we fight but most times we laugh! Fincon would have been horrible without you!



Big foot, big hand, long hair, long fingers....boss! Couldnt have asked for a lovelier boss. I owe most of what Ive learnt at work to you. You ve got nothing but love for us! We know, boss! I call him a bundle of treasure. He's got it all figured out. I respect you a lot!

I do love where I work. It drives me crazy sometimes but its a family away from home. Sometimes i get angry cos i miss my weekends, my good  night sleep and full sanity but they never let me lose sight. Dear colleagues, this is to inform you that I'm here to stay if only you stay with me.






Chinyere, Ann, Onyinye, Izu, Mercy, Chika, the Adubas, Ifeanyi, Taiye, Oghale Juliet, Bisoye, Sir Lanskey, Bode, Akeem, Rashidat, Sir K, Moses, Lasuuk, Shiaka, Deji, Oye, Laolu....Image Maker, my beautiful song writer and singer. Your path is being moulded! May He show you more love than you ve ever shown me. 

Nneka, black yet beautiful! You know how I feel about you, I guess . But if you don't, here it is! Loving you is easy with the way you smile. God adorned you with patience that helps you get along with any one. Jide ka iji! Amongst so many, you taught me that it is better than riches to scratch where it itches.





Tasiu! Yet to pick out a week in 2013 without you in it! You are my guardian angel! Don't laugh, darling! If wishes were horses... Thanks for showing me that love could be better.



I love you all awesome family and friends! There's nothing better than finding people who share and understand your madness. I see God in you all and I'm still amazed by His sufficient grace. 




You, my readers and followers, are the reason I write. What's the work of a writer without readers. It goes beyond being a good writer. I love you all especially you, Anonymous!  Its a new year, lets make evey second count!

Comments

  1. Awwww, God couldn't have given us a better lil munchkin like you, Pinkie. Family (nuclear, extended, borrowed, assimilated, name it), through stress and caress, is all we've got. It is easy to fall in love with FAMILY. I have one of the few BEST :)

    Much Luv for 2014

    - Kay Kechis Kech, Chiegeonu, Kaysmilez

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of them blogs you can find all the sarcasm in one place! It made my 2013 with all of them stories- Zara Chizara! Expecting more this year. ..the other Kachi (music).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky my great writer, looking forward to readin more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haaaaaaaahhh! Pinky u can lie oooooh! U told me u don't like where u work! Hehehehehe! Just kidding!

    Cheers to friends, family and an awesome 2014!

    ...Chuka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love u to bits,pinkie.2014 will be ur best yet.kp up d gud work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ochiora I can only say thank God for the gift of you darling sista !
    Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loookin forward to readdin. Mur fun stories. #grins#. Tnk God 4 U

    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great read baby girl. Looking forward to more exciting write ups.

    Lil Daddy luvs u.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants