Spectacles




I'd call today one of the best days I've ever had! Bear with me! I love telling stories but cos I love u guys, I'll keep it short!
I woke up by 3am, believe me it’s weird! Since work happened, I wake up by 5 with headaches and panics! So I silently told myself that it will be a lovely day! It was!!!!

Big bro woke up by 5:15, ironed and was ready by 5:35! If na magic, Pinky, de daughter of Akamhaanwuanwu 1 of Ohom Orba nwa asogwa nwa okoshi obereninu g'eri g ihe e ker'eke kata m'obu ihe avuru avu, does not know! I sha wasn't ready. He waited, screamed, sighed, threatened but waited
By 6:25, we left...

Just when we got to Costain, I saw d building but the Costain West Africa written on it, I didn't see! Ahhhhh! Did d rain wash it away? D rain must have some kinda chemicals in it to wash away something that has been there for years! It took some minutes for my mainframe brain to boot! What rain? I forgot my eyes at home!!!!!!!....

....Ahhhhhhhhh! I dare not tell my bro! He'll push me outta the car! That the car was moving dint ma'a! I went mute! He kept pointing at things for me to see! Hahaha!! I would nod and laugh with him whenever he finds whatever he's showing me funny! Reminded me of, "Guy see shit o"! "Where am?" "U don match am"... If only he knew! Hahaha

I got down at MUSON! Luckily for me, there were Kekes! I hopped into one before I realized it was full. I sat on someone's laps! I apologized, jumped down and boned like nothing happened! People at the bus stop couldn't stop staring! Some even asked others if I was okay! Well, I choptas not!....
It took me 30mins pere to finally SEE a free keke! I got to work and took 15mins to cross the road! I kept pressing my phone just so it will look like I'm busy with my phone! Busy fire!!!! Nwa babe cannot see!!

I sat at my work station, opened up an excel worksheet and all I saw were black dots!! Wow! How will I work today! I brought the system close to my face. It didn't work! I took my face close to the screen, of course, it didn't work! My colleague looked at me and started laughing! I squinted, opened my eyes wide, closed them, opened them again...whew!

I joined in my colleagues laugh! Seriously!!! This is the most foolish thing I ever did! if I could forget my glasses, I'm sure one day I'll prepare, get to work before I realize I'm naked! I ransacked my brain, weighed my options, they didn't look good! Its either I 'work' without it or I go home for it! Hahaha! Wow! In as much as I'd like to play, I'd rather do it at home! But going home looks bad too! I can't see!

My lovely boss came and asked me to go get it! If only he knew... Confidently, I bounced! Boarded a bus! The driver was clumsy but I didn't care! I dare not vex and say oga give me my money, I want to take another bus! So I sat!

He stopped me at Costain or what looks like it! I took 5mins to get my bearing! Na wa o! Wey dis man stop me o? This might not be Costain o! Okay! I think I know where I am! I have to cross the road! I looked left, right and left again, just like my mama taught me! The road is free! Cross baby!! I did and ooops...danfo came from nowhere and climbed my toes!!!! My toes!!

Thank God o! It’s just my toes! I got home somehow, found my glasses, cleaned it, put it on, sat on my bed and laughed to my heart's content! Not that wen I wear it I see heaven and earth o! Far from it!

I got back to the office and at the gate, the security man stopped me with a sad look on his face, "Chinwe y? You walked pass me dis morning, I said hi to you and u walked away acting like you didn't see me"! Hahahahahaha! If only he knew. I sha apologized

Oooops
I promised to keep it short!!!

Comments

  1. Original is Original !!! Weda bad belle want it or not.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. #inOlivertwistvoice# I want more. Quite hilarious!Keep it up Pinky. Chinwe C.

      Delete
  3. P love this is so hilarious. I'm mighty proud of you dear. Keep it up. Of course you know its your fellow musketeer Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I read this, I thought you are writing for writing sake. Not knowing is real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hillarious!!!!! Nyc 1!!!! Maybe 1 day u cud see d whole heaaven and. Earth #winks#

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol!!!
    Keep it up dear!
    More stories Oº°˚˚°º!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mehn.....dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ totally hilaarious
    Taank G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ Ʊ no go jam trailer.
    Farmer wey 4get € hole go farm...
    Gud write up though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Previous comment abot trailer.4m Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. When Schoolbag turned into superman...mu bu nwa Ajogu nwa Eze dont know oo... #funnypiece#

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinky! U sha knw hw to do sumtin odd, n funny too. Ur sense of humour makes ur stupidity looks interestin to b told abt. Nice 1, u haven't loss ur poetic touch *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go forget your Ekpa nri nwa one day #kidding# nice one sis.Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember my first job in Lagos, on my first day cos of excitment, I forgot my appointment letter at home, it was inside another handbag... Hahahaha. I had to go back to festac from apapa..whew! It wasn't funny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in time

Back in time (2)

Tales from foreign restaurants